Managed Cyber Security Services for Small and Midsized Businesses (SMBs)
Cyberattacks can cripple your operations or endanger your entire business investment. Expert IT security services management can mitigate potential damage and allow your company to recover. The ability to restore data and resume IT operations quickly can make all the difference. Not having protection in place makes recovery difficult, time-consuming, prohibitively expensive or even impossible.
Leaving the network unprotected creates unnecessary risk – enough to put a small company out of business following a cyberattack. Installing security software and a firewall is not enough to protect valuable data assets that include employee records, sales and customer data, financial and banking information, intellectual property and documents needed for tax accounting.
To understand the scope of network security risk, you must know that any personally identifiable information (PII) you collect and store must be protected. PII can include anything identifying a person, such as a name, address, email, credit card information, driver’s license or Social Security numbers, and more. The business must notify the affected parties if any of this information is exposed in a breach. Companies may face regulatory fines for each record exposed, may be responsible for ongoing credit monitoring and will be vulnerable to consumer lawsuits. Risks may also include the cost of rebuilding data, network recovery and legal expenses, lost production and sales, and the loss of consumer, client and employee confidence.
Basic and Affordable: Managed Security Services from DIGIGUARD Advantage™
Witnessing the devastation that cyberattacks cause to unprotected networks, DIGIGUARD responded by developing a product that is affordable while providing basic cybersecurity for SMBs. The average small business cyberattack cost in 2021 was over $50,000 per incident. A subscription to DIGIGUARD Advantage™ costs a tiny fraction of that. Our trained and certified business network experts know that most SMBs do not require a full-time IT security officer but still need professional advice and cyber security management. Here are the steps we take for each new subscription and renewal subscription:
- We assess your network for security risks
- We recommend additional protections where needed
- We test for vulnerabilities and check for proper data backup
- We check endpoint security on devices for updates and patches
- We discuss the benefits of both a password locker and email filtering
- We review the number of employees with admin privileges
- We review the need for multi-factor authentication
- We review IT security best practices with all employees
- We instruct targeted employees on recommended data protection procedures
- We teach employees to recognize the latest phishing methods and provide examples to help all levels of employees recognize threats
- We review long-term cyber protection strategies with owners and managers to instill a culture of safe computer practices
What is Included with DIGIGUARD Advantage™?
DIGIGUARD Advantage™ is a cyber security program providing essential IT security coverage for SMBs. We become your on-call experts for company network and endpoint IT security, as well as support and incident response. Our DIGIGUARD Advantage™ program reviews your entire security structure, then arms your employees with strategies to help avoid cyberattacks. Our experts then test and monitor your network for vulnerabilities. Renewals and assessments are automatic, so you never have to keep track of critical maintenance, updating or testing.
DIGIGUARD Advantage™ includes the basic cyber security coverage that all SMBs should have. In addition, knowing that trained and certified business network experts are managing your company’s cyber security allows you to focus on other tasks. Here is the detail of the services we include with every new subscription and each yearly renewal:
Cyber Risk Assessment
- Network Analysis
- Office Server Vulnerability Assessment
- Physical Endpoint (desktops, laptops, mobile devices) Security Assessment
- Identity and Access Risk Assessment
- Cyber Insurance Review (included upon request). Employee training may qualify you for discounts; check with your insurance agent.
- Cyber Security Policy/Plan Review (additional fee applies to initial plan creation)
- Work-From-Home (WFH) Employee Security Assessment (additional fee applies if more than 10% of employees are WFH)
- Employee Phishing Training
- Data Security Training
- Privacy Awareness Training
- Security Awareness Training
*We provide one-on-one security training at no additional fee for new employees hired after the initial company-wide training session. New employee training is always included (within your employee tier pricing level).
- Network Vulnerability Testing
- Backup Testing
- Employee Phishing Attack Testing
- WiFi Security Testing
- Social Engineering Risk Assessment
Cyber Security Monitoring
- Endpoint and Network Monitoring – Initial Evaluation
- OS and App Patch Policy Review
- Employee Monitoring Review
DIGIGUARD Advantage™ includes on-call support and response services. Contact us if you ever need to report a suspicious incident or concern. Incident support service is included in your subscription. Familiarity with your network allows us to respond with professional IT security management and react quickly to investigate and halt cyber incidents.
Why Do I Need a Security Awareness Training Program?
The majority of cyberattacks stem from human error. Users clicking on a malicious link in a phishing email, sharing a password, reusing passwords and other cyber-risky behaviors all increase the risk of cyberattacks. We include the security awareness training program to arm your employees with the knowledge they need to become “human firewalls,” helping to protect the network by recognizing and avoiding common cyber threats. Our cyber security assessment and testing let us know what training level is needed. Additionally, we conduct training for each new employee onboarding.
Cyber Security Firms in NYC: Rapid Response is Essential
Cyberattacks are exploding in volume, and new threat types emerge every day. Cyber security is not a “one-and-done” activity but rather an ongoing effort. SMBs are especially vulnerable because cybercriminals view them as easy targets: they typically lack strong network protection but hold valuable data that can be held for ransom or resold repeatedly on the dark web.
The growing demand for cyber security services means you must have a trusted partner in place to provide sound advice and prompt response when an attack occurs. Familiarity with your network and devices allows us to respond quickly to investigate and halt cyber incidents. Scrambling to find a cyber security firm to respond during a crisis delays recovery and adds to the costs and damage from an attack. DIGIGUARD Advantage™ includes on-call support and response services. Contact us if you ever need to report a suspicious incident or concern. Incident support service is a benefit of your subscription.
It’s time to have the cyber security conversation. Contact us today for detailed pricing and to schedule a call to discuss your company’s business cyber security needs. Avoiding a cyberattack is much less expensive and time-consuming than recovering from one.