CISO as a Service: vCISO
Fractional or Virtual Chief Information Security Officers (vCISO) are generally more agile and cost-effective than hiring an in-house CISO. DIGIGUARD provides scalable vCISO services ranging from comprehensive to project-based services. Our consultant functions as a senior security executive in your company and ensures that data protection, compliance, IT security auditing and cybersecurity are managed. Our cybersecurity experts have the skills and experience to plan and execute information security strategy. We can augment your existing IT security staff and:
- Provide the strategy and implementation of cybersecurity, data protection and compliance planning
- Communicate cybersecurity goals to the organization's stakeholders
- Determine the necessary security framework for risk reduction and compliance
Comprehensive Strategy and Planning
The CISO is responsible for designing, aligning and maintaining the company's security vision and strategic plan. You may need help designing a plan or implementing an existing one. We can guide you through annual planning, or present cybersecurity reports at executive meetings. DIGIGUARD experts will:
- Establish scope – Objectives, regulations, locations, critical data, vendors, contractual obligations, infrastructure
- Review current security controls – Existing protection and practices
- Assess risk – Sensitive and valuable data safety priorities
- Develop risk treatment plans – Short- and long-term mitigation timelines, budgets, appropriate solutions
- Advisory input – Evaluating cyber risk insurance bids, conducting training workshops, single project management, merger and acquisition cybersecurity evaluations, IT security hiring guidance
Threat Analysis and Prevention
Organizations may evolve from having relaxed cybersecurity practices to needing more formalized security as they grow and modernize. Protecting your company assets from malware, cybercrime and internal threats requires increasing expertise. DIGIGUARD consultants will analyze and identify threat vulnerabilities and make recommendations for policies and procedures designed to prevent or mitigate data loss. We can also help implement new procedures by training and testing your team.
Compliance and Regulation
Vendors, customers and partners are increasingly requiring businesses to comply with security regulations and offer proof of contractual security requirements. We will help you present your information security practices in the best possible light, and help you demonstrate due diligence. We will help you overcome difficult compliance hurdles with experienced and professional guidance. DIGIGUARD expert consultants can:
- Coordinate compliance audits
- Manage and protect your digital information
- Help avoid regulatory violations
- Help navigate the evolving security threat landscape
- Place industry-specific data protection in place
DIGIGUARD approaches your company’s data management with a broad and comprehensive overview. We apply current industry best practices and standards to achieve significant cybersecurity upgrades. Our team will help you present changes and re-educate employees to accept and adopt new protective risk-reduction procedures. Our consultants are vendor-neutral and can help you evaluate and choose appropriate and cost-effective cybersecurity software products. We will:
- Review current internal security controls
- Help define security policies and processes
- Determine the level of acceptable risk
- Signal commitment to data protection to employees, customers and vendors
Discovering and Remediating Threats
DIGIGUARD has the specialized technical knowledge and experience to help build a strong cybersecurity foundation for your company. We help you complete important IT security initiatives to protect your data, employees and customers and help your business safely advance. We will help prevent, detect and mitigate evolving threats. We are a readily available resource that can be deployed quickly when disaster strikes. You may already have spotted a regulatory gap or vulnerability, or have evidence of a cybercrime or employee data theft. Our vCISO consultants can help you save time and money by quickly identifying and resolving these and other hidden cybersecurity threats.
Managing cybersecurity is more complex as new technologies, regulations, and cyberthreats challenge businesses. Small companies may lack understanding of the complexities involved in developing a comprehensive information security strategy, or lack the staff to support security needs. The need for a DIGIGUARD CISO and an overall strategic security plan and remediation strategy has never been greater.
Contact DIGIGUARD today for more information on CISO services.