IT Risk Management
Managing data loss and compromise from system failures, disasters and cyber threats is a constant challenge for small businesses. DIGIGUARD cybersecurity consultants will strategically manage your IT environment. Our cost-effective services can design and implement appropriate and practical solutions, policies and controls tailored to your industry-specific risks and operational needs. Our experts apply current compliance regulations and emerging threat knowledge to manage your information technology risk. Protecting intellectual property, sensitive customer information, and other business-critical information requires a comprehensive security strategy. Our risk management services can:
- Reduce cybersecurity risk and improve security decision-making
- Increase awareness of threat exposure and vulnerability of data
- Decrease spending on duplication of services and ineffective solutions
- Demonstrate IT security due diligence to regulators and vendor partners
- Prioritize remediation and recovery efforts for critical business functions in advance of a disaster
Improving Risk Management and Compliance
DIGIGUARD uses a business economic approach to manage and mitigate your IT risk. We will help you balance the costs and operational value of protections with the likelihood and potential impact of each identified risk. We will help your business take the necessary steps to protect valuable customer data and intellectual property. Here’s how we improve security compliance and approach the elements of IT risk:
- Risk identification – Identify vulnerabilities and threats and the effectiveness of existing IT security measures.
- Risk measurement – Determine the likelihood and severity of a threat occurrence and the potential impact on operations, finances and reputation.
- Risk ranking – Score threats and impact to prioritize protection and remediation efforts. Identify levels of acceptable risk to data and operations.
- Risk mitigation – Create and apply risk response and contingency plans to halt and limit damage and resume normal operations.
- Risk monitoring – We will help avoid future risk by proactively monitoring your IT system controls and team security training effectiveness.
Mitigation and Risk Reduction
DIGIGUARD IT utilizes regular system updates to align protection with emerging threats. We will ensure data protection when adding new equipment or expanding your business processes. Risk reduction and mitigation are not limited to just software updates, however. Our consultants will apply best-practice, structured strategies to manage your risk, including:
- Applying safeguards – We help your business avoid unnecessary risk
- Transferring risk – Transfer risk to outsourced operations or insurance policies
- Reducing impact – Planning and process change recommendations such as training, new security policies, segmenting data
- Accepting risk – Acknowledge unavoidable risk such as natural disaster, cyberattack or employee changes and plan ahead
IT Risk Management Communication
DIGIGUARD will help your business to improve the way it views risk management. Defining and communicating security and data protection goals to your entire organization, as well as implementing and evaluating initiatives, are all parts of a robust risk management program. Our consultants will improve accountability and responsibility for risk with these methods:
- Policy development – Define responsibility and roles for IT security
- Leadership guidance – Develop and implement a culture of risk reduction, team feedback and cyber safety
- Policy sign-off – Ensure buy-in during training and hiring, and when introducing new initiatives
- Management – Use a continuous process to manage new threats and changes
- Include end-users – Gather valuable insight and participation from stakeholders
- Reporting – Create a method to quickly and easily report threats or suspicious behavior and reward reporting
Contact DIGIGUARD today to implement an IT risk management program at your company.