Cybersecurity Solutions and Strategy for SMBs
Small and mid-sized businesses need cybersecurity solutions that align with their budgets and IT infrastructure. DIGIGUARD can help you select the right solutions to manage your company’s unique IT security requirements. We specialize in the needs and concerns of SMBs that may lack a full-time IT security officer or may need assistance for their IT department. Our consultants stay on top of the changing cybersecurity landscape and know the best ways to protect your business network from digital threats. As your company expands and updates, we look ahead and provide IT security solutions that will scale with your growth. Our solutions start with these questions, and more:
- What is your IT security risk and vulnerability?
- Are your existing cybersecurity controls working?
- Do you have governance, policy and controls for IT security?
- Do you have an incident response plan?
- Is your data security compliant for your industry sector?
- Are your employees trained on best practice methods for IT and data security?
Cybersecurity as a Service: Small Business Network Defense
DIGIGUARD defense solutions include adding layers of security throughout your network. Network vulnerabilities will always be present due to human error and the changing nature of cyberattacks. No one method or product is sufficient to secure your network, so we add security layers designed to be overlapping and redundant. Cybercriminals frequently change attack methods, so having multiple layers of protection is essential to limit the scope of breaches and manage IT security. Our defense layers can include:
- Hardware – Updated firewalls and patch management
- Data Protection – Data backup, testing and encryption
- Software Protection – Antivirus and anti-malware and monitoring
- Access Control – Secure gateways and limit entry into network areas
Interpreting cybersecurity analytics in the form of software alerts or system anomalies is an essential technical skill in cybersecurity monitoring. Software monitoring solutions send out constant alerts that can interrupt your work focus and create worry. DIGIGUARD monitoring service can assess each alert and quickly decide whether it can be safely dismissed, be watched as part of a developing trend, or need immediate action. There are many benefits to cybersecurity monitoring services, including:
- Limiting damage with quicker incident response time
- Detecting a larger number and type of network threats
- Expanding visibility into all areas of the network
- Improving performance evaluation of existing controls
IT Infrastructure Security and Managed Network Security
Balancing the need for robust security with the need for compliance, network speed, usability and budget requirements requires high-level knowledge and expertise. DIGIGUARD considers all these factors when designing or upgrading your IT security infrastructure, including cloud infrastructure security. Too many constraints can slow down the network speed or add too many cumbersome hurdles for employees. Inadequate protection can expose your business to unnecessary risk or disqualify you from bidding on new contracts. Our consultants examine these areas, and more:
- Protecting and segmenting data
- Defenses for servers and operating systems
- Perimeter defense
- Hosting protections
Device Security: Mobile Device and BYOD Security Management
Managing network security includes managing all devices that access it and how they access it. Employees increasingly work from home and remote locations and use WiFi or virtual private networks (VPNs). Employees may be using company-supplied devices or personal laptops, phones and computers. Managing network access and deciding whether to allow bring-your-own-device (BYOD) access should be carefully planned and managed to keep your network secure. DIGIGUARD can help you weigh device security decisions, help develop written policy agreements for employees, and secure each device and endpoint to protect and prioritize your company’s cybersecurity. Here are the main areas we focus on for device security:
- Securing data
- Protecting devices
- Securing applications
- Securing network access
- Securing email
Managed Backup, Data Storage and Security Solutions
Businesses are increasingly data-dependent. If all your data were lost due to a disaster such as fire, cybercrime, theft, human error or sabotage, would you be able to recreate financial records, formulas, contracts, customer, product and sales records? The cost to recreate this data would far exceed the price of protecting it in the first place. DIGIGUARD can help your business plan and manage data backup, archived storage and data protection. Our consultants can help you save storage costs by classifying data based on sensitivity and the need for ready access. We’ll create multi-layered automated backups, and test them to ensure your data is available when needed to restart business operations quickly. Here are objectives we consider when planning managed backup data solutions:
- Recovery Time – How long can your business function without access to the data? Storage methods have varying recovery times and costs.
- Recovery Point – Should data backup occur hourly, daily or weekly? How long should you retain archived data?
Explore DIGIGUARD’s comprehensive solutions section for small and mid-sized business cybersecurity. Contact us to schedule a call. Our consultants can assess your needs and begin creating an IT security and protection strategy customized for your business.