Privacy Awareness Training
Data privacy and cybersecurity go hand in hand. Your employees need to understand how to collect, store, transmit and destroy private data securely. They also need to know how to protect data from both internal and external threats. DIGIGUARD will customize privacy awareness training for your company. We include industry and state/country guidelines, requirements and regulations for the data you collect. Our cybersecurity experts will help your employees avoid risk and protect your business from the costs and consequences of mishandling private data.
DIGIGUARD will gather the specific rules and regulations that apply to your company data. We will assess your company’s existing level of data privacy awareness and compliance. Training goal, scope, and scale will be customized for your SMB and employees based on areas of greatest need. Training can be company-wide or segmented by department, user role, or employee administrative level.
Privacy Awareness Training Topics
DIGIGUARD cybersecurity experts will share real-life stories that help employees understand common scenarios and data privacy risks. Our team will use examples from your industry to illustrate risks and best practices. We will educate your team on key privacy topics tailored to your company's needs and goals. Here are some of the discussion items we cover:
- Personally identifiable information (PII) and sensitive personal data – Rules and regulations
- Classifying and protecting data – Best practices, capturing geolocation segmentation, restricting internal or confidential data, physical security
- Reporting requirements – Employee responsibility for data protection, company and legal rules, knowing when to speak up and report
- Data lifecycle – Safely gathering, sharing, using, storing, and destroying data, data retention and data end-life guidelines
- Global data privacy – State and country laws and regulations such as California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), regulations for Europe and Canada and other applicable location constraints
- Cloud data privacy – Secure practices and regulations for storage and transmittal
- Mobile, remote and wireless data privacy – Using secure procedures and applying regulations
- Protecting information during communications – Email, phone, fax, text, social media
- Encrypting – Which private data should be encrypted and best practices
- Consequences of data breaches – Data loss, fines, legal fees, damage to reputation, loss of business, loss of trusted vendor status
- Vendor and partner privacy requirements – Verify third-party and fourth-party vendor privacy awareness to protect your data
- Payment card and healthcare information privacy – PCI DSS breaches, and other regulations
Privacy Awareness Assessment and Policy Guidance
Contact DIGIGUARD today to learn more about business data privacy awareness training.