Information Security Training
DIGIGUARD’s information security training will help your business protect and secure personal, proprietary and confidential data. Business information is stored and transmitted digitally, making it possible to share, lose or corrupt large quantities of information quickly. Businesses regularly collect and process data every day. New data protection regulations are constantly being imposed on businesses, and the consequences of non-compliance are significant both in terms of financial loss and reputation loss.
Data loss, damage and inaccessibility risks come from both internal and external forces. Internal data loss may result from intentional malicious acts, negligence or ignorance. External data loss can be a result of cybercriminals, missing devices or on-site intruders. Information security training is an integral part of a company’s risk management and cybersecurity landscape. Our team will help train your employees to protect these components of business data and information:
- Confidentiality – We will help you limit access to data to protect personal, financial and proprietary information.
- Integrity – We will help you protect information from corruption, unauthorized changes or disposal.
- Availability – We will help you keep data available to those who need to use it.
Data Security Training Topics
Businesses must ensure that employees understand and follow the company, legal and regulatory policies for protecting all forms of proprietary and confidential data. DIGIGUARD training consultants will customize training to include your specific industry guidelines and regulations along with general cybersecurity best practices for data and information security. We will help your business reduce data risk by ensuring your employees understand their roles and responsibilities to keep networks and data secure. Here are some of the topics we will cover:
- Physical site security – Restricting access, visitor security
- Classifying data – Secure labeling and tagging of sensitive data
- Handling data – Encryption, printing, clean desk policy
- Discarding data – Physical shredding or electronic file shredding
- System access – Creating and safeguarding passwords and user accounts
- Anti-virus software – Installed and used regularly at workstations and endpoints
- Backing up data – Regular data backups
- Software installation – Licensed and approved product installation
- Internet use – Risky sites, internet and user-behavior monitoring policies
- Using email – Company policy, safety policy, non-business use policy
- Device security – Physical security of phones, laptops, tablets, workstations, industrial controls
- Network protection – Using password-protected screensavers
- Sharing data – Safeguarding sensitive and valuable data across various media formats such as removable, portable and cloud
- Acceptable Use and User Behavior – Policy and best practices
- Social media governance policy – Best practices and leaking information to cybercriminals
- Bring your own device management – Safety and policy
- Security incident response – Reporting procedures and obligations, mitigation steps
- Employee Onboarding and Offboarding – Checklist for data protection, safe hiring and monitoring, and creating an exit process
Small and Mid-Sized Business Information Security
DIGIGUARD information security awareness training is tailored for your SMB. DIGIGUARD can train your entire company, or customize training for departments, roles, management level or new hires. We can run workshops in series, or all at once using a variety of methods. We can help you automate cybersecurity reminders for your team, implement incentives to reward employees and provide guidance on setting policy and safe data security guidelines.
Contact DIGIGUARD today to schedule information security training.